How can we help?
Run the Continuous Client as a Service (for PC)
Run the Continuous Client as a Service (For PC)
- Launch command prompt as an administrator.
- Navigate to the following directory:
- Run the following command:
svcmgr.exe -i -n”Online Backup Service” -e”startup”
- Open Services.
- Navigate to the service Online Backup Service.
- Change the service startup user to the selected user.
Note: Do not leave it as System User, and do not start the backup yet..
- Go to Properties for the service. Use the username of the account you are logged in as for the install.
- Remove the Data Deposit Box shortcut from the startup folder.
(C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) -remove our backup shortcut from here
- Open Task Manager and kill startup.exe then backup.exe – stop in that order
- Start the service.