Troubleshoot Inactive Systems in Windows
Continuous Client for Windows
On the inactive system, check the following:
- Open the Task Manager by right-clicking on the taskbar and typing Task Manager.
- Confirm Backup.exe and Startup.exe are both running.
If Startup.exe and backup.exe are not running, double click the Data Deposit Box icon on your desktop to relaunch the software. You should see these two processes running in your Task Manager to continue. If the software doesn’t launch, contact [email protected].
Once startup.exe and backup.exe are both running, follow the steps below.
- Log into the My Data Portal.
- Confirm that the last login date shows the current date.
- Check the last backup date and see if it has backed up new data since the system has become inactive (by default the system becomes inactive in 5 days).
An inactive system alert will also be generated when no new data is backed up. If you haven’t modified anything in a local folder in a while, this can cause the inactive alert to be sent to you.
If you have additional concerns or are still not sure if the backups are running, contact support for additional assistance.