- Log into the My Data Portal.
- On the dashboard, scroll down to the Device List.
- Click Manage next to the system from which you wish to modify the Device Settings. (Note: The system must have the status: Connected).
- Click on the gear icon that is next to the device name at the top of the page.
- You will be presented with the options detailed below. To make changes, click on the pencil icon located at the top right corner of this window.
Provide a nickname for the systems that appear in your dashboard to make it easier to identify each system.
Days Until Inactive
This can be configured for 1 to 30 days. If a system does not backup new data or connect to the cloud in the period set, an email alert will be sent to advise about inactivity.
Number of Versions
This is the number of versions of a file we will keep. This can be set from 2 to 64 versions.
Min Delay Between Versions
This is the delay in hours that will determine how often files/folders are checked for changes to see if new versions must be created. This can be set from 1 to 24 hours.
Here you can configure CPU/Bandwidth Throttling, if you find the backups slow down your computer.
Disable Backups While System Is In Use
Checking this option will disable backups while the system is in use. If there is no activity for 60 seconds on the system, backups will resume.
Exclude from Backup
Here you can add a global file type exclusion to the backup.
Once you have completed making any changes to your Device Settings, click Save to apply the changes.